SmartClass pronunciation activities use Artificial Intelligence to allow students to listen to example words/phrases and be graded on their pronunciation. Here are some different types of pronunciation activities that you can create.
By Melissa Arndt
Date of Creation: 2023-03-07
Last Update: 2023-03-07
Flashcards: Students flip through images and pronounce sentences to receive a percentage of accuracy score. You can also utilize the “DEF%” translation feature for improved recognition and memorization of vocab. Here’s what you need to do:
- Create a slideshow of vocabulary words with related pictures
- Under “File”, “Download”, download the file as a PDF
- When creating activities in the SmartClass HUB, click on “PDF” and upload the file you just created and create a Pronunciation activity.
- Click “Listen and Speak” under “Pronunciation Format” if you want students to have the option to listen to the AI as an example and try themselves . Also make sure to choose the target language and dialect.
- Type instructions
- Click the box for “Flip PDF Images” so the individual slides flip along with the phrases
- Type the sentences you want the students to pronounce
8. Under the sentence, you have the option to type “DEF%” and translate the word or phrase for students in their native language. This will create a new button on the student screen, “Definition”, so students can see the translation of the word that you provide.
Vocabulary/Sentence Pronunciation: Students read or listen to words or phrases and then compare them to AI. You can upload whatever you like and simply type the sentences you want students to practice and put additional directions in the Instructions For Student section.
Pronunciation activities provide great practice for students that can be done at school or at home. Important reminders for students are to use a good headset, try to reduce background noise, speak in a clear voice, and retry each sentence as needed.
Contact us if you would like more information.